Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
- 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Can you guess which organization this is?
Give up yet?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
It's times like these when I wonder aloud: democracy doesn't work. The problem is fascism, absolutism, and other forms of government don't either. What are we to do? Are they really that stupid that we can't seem to get decent guys elected?
And then I see videos like these:
And everything falls into place in my head, and I just want to cry. Yes, they really are that stupid. Mike Judge got it right on Idiocracy.