I was on my return flight from --------, and the left earpiece from my Apple in-ear earbuds sort of busted. So I got myself a pair of Sennheisers at the -------- duty-free.
Things I can notice:
- They seem to fit my ear more tightly than the Apple ones. Both do seal my ear canal perfectly, but the Sennheisers don't slip out like the Apple ones sometimes did.
- They have an amazing SPL rating. Let's not get technical -- they sound like the turbine of a 747.
- Their sound is crystal clear. I can't really tell any difference in clearness from the Apples, so I'll give them a tie in that sense, but I can definitely notice much more mid-level and high presence in the Sennheisers. The downside is that the bass (though incredibly powerful and punchy) seems to sound lower in comparison.
- As a consequence of having more definition and volume in the high range, I now suffer the pain of additional noticeable hiss using my Palm T|X. Don't buy a T|X if you're into music.
- The wire and asymmetrical. I don't know what's with the asymmetry thingie.
- The outside appearance is definitely not as slick as Apple's in-ears.
Well, I've been using them for a couple of days now, and I am now fully on the route to becoming deaf sooner than expected. I love them!