According to the Telekompaketet Web site, a new EU directive is about to be voted on that would allow ISPs to tier the Internet (both across types of services and across specific sites) just as it was proposed one year ago. We need to act, and we need to act fast.
From the site:
- The European internet is being threatened seriously!
- The telecoms-package is a set of monstrous laws regulating the internet.
- Amandment 138 is securing a fundamental rights.
- If amandment 138 is excluded, internet will be turned into a cable-television system.
- This is a campaign organized to raise awareness of the telecoms package in Sweden. For all of Europe, please see blackouteurope.eu.
Update: seems we're safe for now.